[Building Sakai] Sakai Patch Problem Under Windows Environment

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Thu Jul 22 06:29:20 PDT 2010

A number of projects including the kernel (since 2.6.0) and samigo (since 2.7.0) are now provided as binaries.  You retrieve them into your local Maven .m2 repository when you install sakai source and zip overlays of the projects are deployed to Tomcat during the deploy phase of the build process.

cd sakai-src/master
mvn clean install
cd ..
mvn clean install sakai:deploy

The Maven commands above 1) install the 2.7.0 master pom in your local .m2 repo and then 2) install the rest of the Sakai including the kernel, samigo et al into your local .m2 repo and then deploy all of Sakai's core capabilities to Tomcat (I assume here that your Tomcat target directory is defined in your local Maven settings.xml).

So there is no need to checkout Samigo separately unless you have a need to apply local modifications to it.

I will add a section to the 2.7 install guide to clarify how this all works.

Cheers,

Anthony