[Building Sakai] big problem with HTML filtering in 2.7

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 22 05:37:50 PDT 2010

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18571

In 2.7 we find that EVERY <a href> tag in the HTML site description has target="_blank" inserted which amopngst other things makes adding an index to the home page impossible.

I think the decision as to whether a hyperlink opens in a new window should be left to the page author and should not be automatically imposed without any possible way of overriding the setting.

I think there's a strong case for not adding target="_blank" during the filtering process. I cant think of any security problems that the addition of this attribute solves.

What's the community's feeling on this issue?

adam