[Building Sakai] Indie projects

Branden Visser branden at uwindsor.ca
Tue Jul 20 05:55:08 PDT 2010

Hi Mark,

If you're running Sakai as a "vendor branch" in subversion with local
customizations, it would be a good idea to keep your indie projects in a
separate project scope (i.e., its own branches, tags and trunk
directory) so you can manage releases independently from Sakai.

Also, if you choose to deploy with tomcat overlays, a local maven
repository server (e.g., Artifactory) might be useful to host these. I
haven't had the opportunity to try overlays, though -- we use
svn-externals and build our indie projects within the Sakai maven
project.

Hope that helps,
Branden