[Building Sakai] SiteStats Tool and events table

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Thu Jul 15 04:56:13 PDT 2010

Hi Mustansar,

@steve Thank you for helping :)

You don't need the data from SAKAI_EVENT *unless*:

   - you are using the contributed feature Steve mentioned before (STAT-61);
   - you are not using the default configuration for event aggregation
   (using the quartz job instead).

If you do not fall under the previous cases, you can safely clean up those
tables. In fact, we archive rows from SAKAI_EVENT and SAKAI_SESSION
everyday, up to 48hours back.

Hope this helps,
Nuno

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Mustansar,
>
> SiteStats uses an event listener to collect events as they are published,
> so you shouldn't have any problems with archiving your data.
>
> There is, however, a contributed feature in SiteStats that does work on the
> SAKAI_EVENT and SAKAI_SESSION tables directly, however it's not activated by
> default, and we are looking at changing this behaviour to use the normal
> SST_* tables directly.
>
> -----
> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/STAT-61
>
> serverWideStatsEnabled at org.sakaiproject.sitestats.api.StatsManager=true
> -----
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>
> On 15/07/2010, at 9:27 PM, Mustansar Mehmood wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>    We tend to archive events table from the database every few days. I am
> not sure if this has any implications to using sitestats tool. For isntance
> if SiteStats tool extracts information from EVENTS table and uses a quartz
> scheduler to do so at certain intervals and between to such attempts to run
> the quartz job to extract events there has been an archival process done.
> Thaks,
> ./mustansar
>
> --
> Mustansar Mehmood
> Educational System Developer& Integrator
>
> Information Technology
> 6100 Main St. MS 119
> Houston Texas 77005
>
> Phone:(713)348-2523
> Fax  :(713)348 6099 email:mustansar at rice.edu
>

> I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when,you  looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
>     -- Poul Anderson

Nuno Fernandes  .  { Analyst/Programmer }

|| web  . { http://www.ufp.pt  |  http://tinyurl.com/nfgrilo  |  follow_me @
nfgrilo }
|| work . { Universidade Fernando Pessoa  |  Praça 9 de Abril, 349  |
4249-004 Porto }