[Building Sakai] User account integration

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 02:05:53 PDT 2010

Hi Brandon,

Take a look at the providers module in the source of Sakai. This is where the LDAP/Kerberos providers reside. You could create a new provider that talks to your database by implementing UserDirectoryProvider and optionally ExternalUserSearchUDP. This provider will then 'provide' the account details to Sakai, ie name, email etc.

For SSO, I'd recommend CAS. You would set this up at your institution and configure CAS to talk to the same database to get the user information. Then configure Sakai to offload it's authentication to CAS: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/CASifying+Sakai

cheers,
Steve