[Building Sakai] user deleted WEBDAV directory

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 27 16:02:02 PST 2010

Robert Taylor wrote:

> There is the CONTENT_RESOURCE_DELETE table in the database
> that I could be used to identify the missing filename and
> original location within the content hosting tree.

Unless you have implemented the "soft delete" feature tracked
in SAK-1525, the CONTENT_RESOURCE_DELETE table will do you NO
GOOD whatsoever. The data in it is simply wrong and not to be
trusted.

We are running SAK-1525 locally, but I also have an hourly
cron job that builds a tree of symlinks based on the database
metadata and keeps an archive copy of the output of a "find"
on that tree going back 24 hours. It's not perfect, but it
does give some idea of where the files were previously
located.

Seth