[Building Sakai] Wimba integration on 2.6

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Wed Jan 27 08:21:35 PST 2010

Hi Nate, Steve, Nicola and all,

We did install some code from Rutgers on our dev server here at UD, but
haven't deployed it in production. It worked as advertised.

---

>From Charles Hedrick (hedrick at rutgers.edu) from Rutgers:

Please see http://heidelberg.rutgers.edu/~hedrick/wimba.tar<http://heidelberg.rutgers.edu/%7Ehedrick/wimba.tar>.
It's the code we used with 2.6.

The build file pulls jar files from a Rutgers svn. You will probably want to
move them to your system, since we may not keep them there. We're not using
Wimba anymore.

---

Also, here's another nugget to get things rolling:

---

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/LVC/Live+Virtual+Classroom+Toolshows
the process for Elluminate. John Bush says it would be possible to
implement the same kind of process for Wimba or Adobe Connect.

---

Hope this is useful.

Mathieu

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:50 AM, <nate.angell at rsmart.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that NYU Has done a wimba integration. Copying Max.
>
> On Jan 27, 2010, at 7:45 AM, Nicola Monat-Jacobs
> <nicola at longsight.com> wrote:
>
> > If I remember correctly, you may also need some jars from Wimba that
> > they didn't want to make available publicly.
> >
> > Nicola
> >
> > On Jan 27, 2010, at  12:23 AM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Has anyone got the Wimba integration up and running in Sakai 2.6?
> >>
> >> After fixing the POM's, I've built and deployed both the admin
> >> configuration tool and the site level tool, plugged in my
> >> integration account settings, save and get a success message but no
> >> record appears in the database.
> >>
> >> Manually entering the details in the database table allows it to at
> >> least try to connect but nothing appears in the site tool, just
> >> this in the logs:
> >> 2010-01-27 16:10:12,894  INFO http-8080-Processor24
> >> org.sakaiproject.tool.WimbaComponentTool.Component - Access
> >> privileges has been set: You have a Student role
> >> 2010-01-27 16:10:12,906  INFO http-8080-Processor24
> >> org.sakaiproject.tool.WimbaComponentTool.Component - Access
> >> privileges has been set: You have an Instructor role
> >>
> >> The docs are rather non existent too.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Steve

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer
IT-Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-893-6631

TOP LINKS: