[Building Sakai] wrong encoding with accents

Miriam esteve miesvesakai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 03:31:07 PST 2010

Good morning to all,

I have a problem, apparently not of Sakai (I've tested in a clean tomcat
-without sakai- and doesn't work) but I can't give the solution,... I hope
anyone has ever happened ...

The problem comes with any tool you need to download a file containing
'special chars' (accents in this case) in the title. (Resources, podcast
,...)

Does not return encoding in the URL, for example ... título.txt doesn't work,
but if I put in the url: ... t% EDtulo.txt  work.....

In local, I work on windows and all works.

In linux I have the correct locale,  also in java-Dfile.encoding = UTF8?  and
in the connector from server.xml....

[root at s15381981 pruebas]# locale
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC

[root at s15381981 ROOT]# locale charmap
UTF-8

Fail some configuration?

Thank you very much.

Greetings