[Building Sakai] T&Q -- multiple choice question always scores zero?

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Tue Jan 26 15:53:56 PST 2010

Hi All --

As for the problem-during-import, it is DEFINITELY the
quotation-marks. That is, instead of the expored XML containing
  "text here"
the text contains
  �text here�
Probably due to a cut-and-paste from MS Word.

XPath to the questionable item is
/questestinterop/assessment/section/item/presentation/flow/material/mattext
in case that helps. :)

So the XML exported properly, but it looks like the text should be
entity-encoded. Once we replaced the quotes with char(34) ["] import
went smoothly.

The original snag is still unresolved -- but it may be related --
namely, why isn't this question being scored properly? It may be
related to the character-encoding as well...?

--
will trillich
"The ancestor of every action is a thought" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson