[Building Sakai] [Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluation system on nightly or demo

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Tue Jan 26 08:40:12 PST 2010

Don't forget to enable the right Course Evaluations permissions on the
!site.template realm.

--
Lovemore Nalube
Online Learning Environments Developer (Vula)

/* Work Email: lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
/* Cell: 076 186 1244
/* GTalk: lovenalube at gmail.com

>>> On 26/01/2010 at 13:01, in message
<4e820f671001260301y7f1b4c18sa9696973841f4b27 at mail.gmail.com>, Aaron
Zeckoski <aaronz at vt.edu> wrote:

Daniel,
You just need to add the tool to the template so new courses will have
it.

Configuring Sakai so a tool is added to all new workspaces (adding to
the workspace template):

    1. Login to Sakai as admin and enter the administrator site
    2. Click on the Sites tool
    3. Click on the !user site
    4. Click on the Pages button at the bottom
    5. Click on New Page at the top
    6. Enter a title of evals (or whatever you want to call it) and
click the Tools button
    7. Click the New Tool link at the top
    8. Select the evals (sakai.evaluation) tool from the list
    9. Click the Save button at the bottom to complete the template
update

That should do it.
-AZ

http://qa6-us.sakaiproject.org/portal . Thanks all for your quick

> I’m actually struggling with a problem where the evaluation tool is
not visible in the tools list when creating sites. (It is visible though
on the server above.) I’m able to forcibly adding it as an administrator
through ”Admin workspace”->sites->add page->add tool, but that doesn’t
scale to several hundred courses per term...

> I’ve totally removed the
stealthTools at org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ActiveToolManager setting in
sakai-properties. Is there anything else one can do? The catalina.out
says nothing (in error or warning) particular when listing the available
tools for a site. I’m using Sakai 2.6.0 and evalsys 1.2.1.

> Can anyone give me some hints on what or where to search further?
That would be highly appreciated!

--
Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: send email to
sakai-dev-unsubscribe at collab.sakaiproject.org with a subject of
"unsubscribe"