[Building Sakai] Instructor should not be able to 'AddParticipants' but can manage participant status

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Fri Jan 22 06:25:27 PST 2010

Thanks for this info Dan. There's really (at least) 3 different permissions at work here:

1) Add/remove participants, change the membership of the course
2) Manage participant status (Active/Inactive)
3) Manage participant role (e.g., Student, TA, Instructor)

and I can imagine scenarios where you'd want to give instructors one (or two) but not the other(s). It looks like site.upd.site.mbrshp is still a little too broad if it encompasses all three of these permissions.

There is an open ticket here: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-7768
but it looks like this issue has been kicking around since at least the days of 2.0, 2.1.

Nicola