[Building Sakai] Unexpected consequence of attachment permissions

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 19 07:18:43 PST 2010

2010/1/19 David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za>:
> Hi Guys,
>
> We noticed an unexpected concequence of the attachment space introduced
> in http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-10743
>
> The case we hit was:
>
> 1) Site owner removed read permission from the resource tool (as they
> where using it as a private store)
> 2) result was that users lost read on all attachments too (that the user
> interpreted as a seperate space)
>
> not sure what the correct solution is here

We've have exactly the same issue here and we just suggested that the
user create a folder and made that only available to a group
containing required users and then added content.read back to the
site. It's not a nice solution.

I'd also like to see this fixed in a better way. Off the top of my head:

- New authz group (for resources root or attachments root)?
- New permission?

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services