[Building Sakai] Samigo - student response editor and diacriticals

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Jan 13 22:22:37 PST 2010

Notwithstanding this, the plain text input should still be UTF8, so I'm guessing (but haven't tested) that if the students composed their responses in something else that let them easily select the right characters then cut & pasted into the plain text entry box, it should work fine.

Unless there's something beyond UTF8 (Unicode) that's required here.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Lydia Li <lydial at stanford.edu> 1/13/2010 11:49 PM >>>
Hi Cheryl,

    There is a feature request for this:
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17021  and longsight has
volunteered to contribute the code for this feature.  We are actively
working with them on the detailed specs.   Please see discussions from
other schools in JIRA and if you have any comments please add them in JIRA.

thanks,
Lydia