[Building Sakai] 24-hour time

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Wed Jan 13 06:17:52 PST 2010

Hi Tom,

    I've added some comments below.

- Beth

On Jan 13, 2010, at 5:31 AM, Tom Helmer Hansen wrote:

> Hi All
>
> How do I enable 24-hour time the easiest way ?

The format of time is currently based on the system or user's prefered
language/locale (using the default rules of the JRE). So a user in
Australia (en_AU) should see a 24 hour clock, but a user in Denmark
would see a 12 hour clock. Unfortunately, the time formatting is not
completely localized in all tools, so not all tools currently respect
these rules.

> Is it possible to make a English (Denmark) locale based on English
> (United States) or
> how should I do it ?

You can add an English/Denmark locale to your sakai.properties, for
example:
	 locales = locales = en_US, ..., en_DK
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like an English/Danish locale would
give you a 24 hour clock, if that's what you were aiming for.

- Beth