[Building Sakai] webDAV & copyright status

Michael Korcuska mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Jan 8 09:31:10 PST 2010

There are a number of other uses cases for wanting to tell users something somewhere in the process of a webdav upload. You could, for example, want to remind them to set the privacy or tag the uploaded files (or some such).

The best thing(s) I could think of were:
1. Send them an email saying "you just uploaded files, here are some things to thing about"
2. The next time they login give them a message (popup or ???) with similar content.

Presumably there is some way for Sakai to know that files have been uploaded via webdav an initiate either or both of these. But perhaps I'm mistaken....

Michael