[Building Sakai] Feedback on SAK-17351

Charise Arrowood carrowood at unicon.net
Thu Jan 7 16:19:26 PST 2010

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned previously, SAK-17351 is on the Unicon 'Top Votes' list for Cooperative Development.  In summary our next steps is to uncover the specifics, understand the overall goals, plan and then implement.  We have received feedback from our subscribers but would also appreciate additional feedback from others in the Sakai Community.

As Aaron discusses in the Jira, specific Use cases would be helpful and in particular these questions need to be answered:

1) What should happen to a matrix inside a portfolio? It cannot really be copied so should the same one appear in the copy (literally the same, not a copy)
2) Should things most be copies or simply links to the origins from the origin template?
3) I am guessing any comments or meta information should not be copied from one portfolio to the other (and that the copy should be hidden)

What other expectations are there of a portfolio copy? What data is expected to be copied and retained from the original?

If you have comments, thoughts and ideas on the questions above please add them to the Jira, SAK-17351 at http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17351.

Thanks,  Charise
Charise M. Arrowood
Director, Cooperative Support