[Building Sakai] Sad news re. Steve Smail

Ross Gardler rgardler at apache.org
Sun Jan 3 23:48:14 PST 2010

I didn't know Steve, but such news is always sad.

Over at the ASF we have adopted the practice of maintaining a simple
memorial page [1] for members of the community who are no longer with
us. we have found that this is sometimes greatly appreciated by the
family as it leaves a simple, but permanent record of the individuals
valuable contributions to the world of open source.

Perhaps Sakai should consider maintaining such a page.

Ross

[1] http://www.apache.org/memorials/