[Building Sakai] Cannot startup cafe trunk: Hibernate issue on Snow Leopard Server

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:23:07 PST 2010

Hi Lovemore,

I've hit the same bug in MySQL on OS X with another table used in Sakai that
also defines a multi-column key. This is an issue in MySQL, but was meant to
be fixed in 5.0.19: (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=13835), but its not:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4541. The problem is UTF-8 uses 3 bytes per
character, so it's hitting the limit earlier. Apart from specifying a
shorter key, I'm not sure of another fix.

cheers,
Steve