[Building Sakai] Instantiating a new session Thread

Branden Visser branden at uwindsor.ca
Tue Feb 16 07:26:19 PST 2010

Hi all,

There comes times when I want a user action to be executed as an
asynchronous process (e.g., lengthy processes).

Until now, I've been invoking the asynchronous request using a
javascript call. Ideally, I could start up a new Thread that has all the
initialization as running through the Sakai request filter.

Can you just manually send a thread through the Sakai request filter?
Has anyone been able to achieve a similar effect somehow?

Thanks,
Branden