[Building Sakai] trunk build failing?

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Sat Feb 6 09:22:07 PST 2010

I am having trouble getting sakai trunk to build. I am doing a clean
build with a fresh repo. Anyone else having problems?

[INFO] Building Sakai Roster Service
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory /opt/sakai/sakai_trunk/roster/roster-api/target
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (MacRoman actually) to copy filtered
resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Copying 0 resource
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory
/opt/sakai/sakai_trunk/roster/roster-api/src/bundle
Downloading: http://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2-snapshots/org/sakaiproject/profile/profile-api/2.8-SNAPSHOT/profile-api-2.8-SNAPSHOT.pom
Downloading: http://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2-snapshots/org/sakaiproject/profile/profile-api/2.8-SNAPSHOT/profile-api-2.8-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.sakaiproject.profile:profile-api:jar:2.8-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.sakaiproject.profile
-DartifactId=profile-api -Dversion=2.8-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.sakaiproject.profile
-DartifactId=profile-api -Dversion=2.8-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
  	1) org.sakaiproject:sakai-roster-api:jar:2.8-SNAPSHOT
  	2) org.sakaiproject.profile:profile-api:jar:2.8-SNAPSHOT

1 required artifact is missing.

-AZ

--
Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge