[Building Sakai] RSF Present and Future

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Fri Feb 5 20:43:26 PST 2010

csev wrote:
> This topic always ends in a hung jury :)
>
> The -1 folks have great reasons until some Cambridge IT person stops backing up the server or asks around and says "are we using this old server" - and since no one in earshot says how important the server is, they shut it off and send it to property disposition and then we have *no source code at all*.

Actually,  ( I'm not great at keeping up with email these days ), but
I'm pretty sure someone already did pull the plug and everything has
been moved to fluid repositories.

I understand your concern, so I would say just go ahead and do it.
Check a copy of everything in to a contrib project or something.  Or
make a google code project or something. (Although since things seem to
disappear from sourceforge after 5 years of inactivity, I"m not sure I
trust any hosted service (even if it's google)).

I think we should continue to use the regular RSF repo for bug fixes and
things (although I would see a strong case for moving the SakaiRSF
module into our svn), but the copies could be there in contrib until we
pull our own plug.

-s