[Building Sakai] problem of the day... forums error

Holladay, Bryan Andrew bahollad at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 3 08:28:04 PST 2010

Jon,

It could be that.  Or there is also another issue that is similar:   http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-25

This is caused by multiple areas set for a single site.  This happens occasionally and usually needs to be fixed by deleting the extra one in the DB.  If this seems to be the case, you can look at http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-25 which should prevent this from happening again.

Either case, you need to find the duplicate and delete the extra one.

Bryan

On 2/3/10 11:23 AM, "Jon Wheat" <jwheat at messiah.edu> wrote:

ok,  after sending that I found this -  http://issues.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-148
might this be the issue ?

>>> "Jon Wheat" <jwheat at messiah.edu> 2/3/2010 11:13 AM >>>
I have a course where the instructor (nor I becoming him) can not see the 'New Forum' link.
If I as straight admin access his course, I see New Forum, but when I click on it I get a dump (snipped below)

this is what stands out in this

query did not return a unique result: 2
We had issues with this course getting renamed, so I'm wondering if there's residual crap around causing issues.
What table does the forums tool access ?

I can send more of the dump if its helpful

-Jon

org.sakaiproject.portal.api.PortalHandlerException: org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolException: #{ForumTool.processActionNewForum}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2
    at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.handlers.ToolHandler.doPost(ToolHandler.java:70)
caused by: org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolException: #{ForumTool.processActionNewForum}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2
    at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.forwardTool(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:1216)
caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: #{ForumTool.processActionNewForum}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: #{ForumTool.processActionNewForum}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2
    at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:312)
caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2