[Building Sakai] problem of the day... forums error

Jon Wheat jwheat at messiah.edu
Wed Feb 3 08:23:53 PST 2010

ok,  after sending that I found this -  http://issues.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-148
might this be the issue ?

>>> "Jon Wheat" <jwheat at messiah.edu> 2/3/2010 11:13 AM >>>
I have a course where the instructor (nor I becoming him) can not see the 'New Forum' link.
If I as straight admin access his course, I see New Forum, but when I click on it I get a dump (snipped below)

this is what stands out in this

query did not return a unique result: 2
We had issues with this course getting renamed, so I'm wondering if there's residual crap around causing issues.
What table does the forums tool access ?

I can send more of the dump if its helpful

-Jon

org.sakaiproject.portal.api.PortalHandlerException: org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolException: #{ForumTool.processActionNewForum}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2 at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.handlers.ToolHandler.doPost(ToolHandler.java:70) caused by: org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolException: #{ForumTool.processActionNewForum}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2 at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.forwardTool(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:1216) caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: #{ForumTool.processActionNewForum}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: #{ForumTool.processActionNewForum}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2 at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:312) caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2