[Building Sakai] [sakai-kernel] Version numbers.

Ian Boston ian at caret.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 2 14:04:32 PST 2010

There are now 2 threads one here and one on sakai-kernel, it will be interesting to see if they come to the same conclusion.

K1 was originally Kernel 1.0 and
K2 was originally Kernel 2.0

There is nothing to stop 1.x using 1.10 and beyond, in fact MediaWiki is currently at 1.15.1 see [1]

As a related issue, what happens to Sakai 2.x when it gets to 2.9 ? Calling it Sakai 3.0 is going to be very confusing.

Ian

1 http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download