[Building Sakai] release 1 SP1 of Lesson Builder

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Tue Dec 21 19:00:21 PST 2010

On Dec 21, 2010, at 6:59:03 PM, Nate Angell wrote:

> Do I have it wright that LB was originally the work of a high school
> student? That alone seems worthy of great note.

Yes. Obviously he's an unusual high school student. I did general specs and suggested approaches, but he did the program design and the detailed UI, and figured out how to use RSF and jQuery. He already knew the basics of Hibernate. (I should note that he's a lot happier with jQuery than RSF.) In the original version, the only code I wrote was some of the code interfacing with the rest of the Sakai. He could certainly have figured it out, but given the limited amount of time I had him, it wasn't cost-effective for him to spend time figuring out stuff that I already knew or could more easily find out.