[Building Sakai] Variable success of trunk build (builds.sakaiproject.org, nightly2.sakaiproject.org, others?)

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 04:46:49 PST 2010

On 13 December 2010 10:47, Jean-Francois Leveque
<jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr> wrote:

> While http://builds.sakaiproject.org:8080/job/sakai%20trunk/ shows no
> build failure in the past week, nightly2.sakaiproject.org has failed to
> build at 04:28 today when trying to get jsf:jsf-api:jar:1.1.01 for
> building chat while chat's trunk code has not changed for 2 weeks.
>
> Does hudson have something others don't when building that prevents it
> from failing?

I think nightly2 builds against a clean maven repository, but hudson
by default doesn't clean it's maven repository out. So the error of
one of the repositories being available was masked by hudson having a
locally cached copy.

Locally we have a nightly hudson build which builds against a private
maven repository that gets cleaned out. One way todo this is to have a
prebuild task with a POM of:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <name>Clean Maven Repository</name>
  <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
  <artifactId>clean-repo</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
  <!-- Warning this will delete everything in your maven repository -->
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
          <inherited>false</inherited>
          <configuration>
            <filesets>
              <fileset>
                <directory>${settings.localRepository}/</directory>
                <includes>
                  <include>**/*</include>
                </includes>
                <followSymlinks>false</followSymlinks>
              </fileset>
            </filesets>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

and then to run a mvn clean using this POM.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services