[Building Sakai] Resources keeling over with 1000+ files in a folder

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Dec 8 03:59:58 PST 2010

Then I don't know why you're getting a 500 response. Do you get it
always, or sometimes?

It might be worth trying WebDAV and the /access/content/group/siteid/
view to see if those are also affected.

Regards
Stephen

--
Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
Email / IM (Jabber/XMPP): stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> Warwick Chapman <warwickchapman at gmail.com> 12/8/2010 12:42 AM >>>
Except we've got no load balancers (yet) ...

-- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 | http://warwickchapman.com

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Stephen Marquard
<stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
> [...]

> > Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
> > Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
> > http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
> > Email / IM (Jabber/XMPP): stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
> > Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

> > Hi All
> >
> > We are using Umthombo resources to store several thousands PDFs
> > relating to
> > our candidate nomination process.  The forms are sorted into
folders
> > for the
> > province each nominee comes from.  In South Africa, we have a
great
> > many
> > more nominees in one province than in any other and this has
> resulted
> > in
> > that folder getting more than 1000+ PDFs alone.
> >
> > Listing that folder has become a pain.  It loads very slowly as
> > frequently
> > returns an HTTP500.  I cannot find anything obvious in the
> > catalina.out
> >
> > Any thoughts?  Can I change Resources to list a few items per
page?

> > -- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 |
> http://warwickchapman.com
> >

> > ###
> > UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN
> >
> > This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail
disclaimer
> > published on our website at
> > http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable
> from
> > +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to
> whom
> > it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please
> notify
> > the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail
you
> may
> > not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this
> e-mail
> > is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in
> the
> > sender's individual capacity.
> >
> > ###
> >

> ###
> UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN
>
> This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
> published on our website at
> http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable
from
> +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to
whom
> it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please
notify
> the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you
may
> not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this
e-mail
> is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in

###