[Building Sakai] Resources keeling over with 1000+ files in a folder

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Tue Dec 7 04:20:23 PST 2010

Hi Warwick,

We ran into this issue as well. It produces very high query volumes to
the database.

The best workaround at this stage is to reorganize the files into a
deeper hierarchy so you don't get so many in one folder.

Regards
Stephen

--
Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
Email / IM (Jabber/XMPP): stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> Warwick Chapman <warwickchapman at gmail.com> 12/7/2010 1:50 PM >>>
Hi All

We are using Umthombo resources to store several thousands PDFs
relating to
our candidate nomination process.  The forms are sorted into folders
for the
province each nominee comes from.  In South Africa, we have a great
many
more nominees in one province than in any other and this has resulted
in
that folder getting more than 1000+ PDFs alone.

Listing that folder has become a pain.  It loads very slowly as
frequently
returns an HTTP500.  I cannot find anything obvious in the
catalina.out

Any thoughts?  Can I change Resources to list a few items per page?

-- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 | http://warwickchapman.com

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###