[Building Sakai] Please Review: Configurable Quartz Jobs

Duffy Gillman duffy at rsmart.com
Thu Aug 26 11:53:55 PDT 2010

Under the auspices of the maintenance team I've taken on the task of
adding the ability to pass configuration parameters to jobs created
through the Job Scheduler tool. I would like to merge this work into
trunk, but want to give these two lists time to review and comment and/
or raise concerns. If I don't hear any feedback by 9/2 I will assume
things are good to go.

The work I've done is in a branch off of the jobscheduler project in
SVN. To review this work you can check out the Sakai trunk, then
switch which version of jobscheduler is in use by following these steps:

    1) in your sakai source root directory, edit the svn:externals
property
       1.1) svn propedit svn:externals .
       1.2) replace the line:

                jobscheduler https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/jobscheduler/trunk

               with the line:

               jobscheduler https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/jobscheduler/branches/SAK-13696

    2) update your source code:

        svn update

    3) build, including a command line flag that will cause the
example to build:

        mvn -Dscheduler.configurable.test clean install sakai:deploy

There is a readme file which describes the user of configurable jobs
located at:

    jobscheduler/scheduler-component-shared/README.configurablejobs.txt

Thanks,

    Duffy