[Building Sakai] Announcements owner

Savitha Prakash savithap at umich.edu
Wed Aug 25 07:52:12 PDT 2010

The userid, startdate and end date information of an announcement is stored
in the XML blob in announcement_message table. Can you check whether the
information is properly saved in the XML?

I am really not sure, why the user is getting deleted in your Ad Directory
provider. The announcement tool is giving null pointer exception, as it is
not able to find the user information of the userid, which is saved in the
"from" field in the XML of that announcement. Did you create a user with the
id that is as found in the "from" field of the announcement?

- Savitha