[Building Sakai] Use java web services

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Wed Aug 25 07:22:00 PDT 2010

The best place I know of to get info about this is on the wiki:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/WEBSVCS/Home

Hopefully I am paraphrasing right here:

Enable your webservices with the webservices.allowlogin=true
sakai.properties setting.

You can restrict the use of web services to specific IP's...a good idea.
webservices.allow = * would allow web service calls from all hosts
(not good for production, but gets a test box up).
webservices.allow = 128.100.1.2 would only allow web service calls
from that one IP.

Your session id is returned by the web service that logs you in:

In perl:
my $loginsoap = SOAP::Lite
-> proxy($loginURI)
-> uri($loginURI);
my $session = $loginsoap->login($user, $password)->result;

Subsequent calls that use it as follows:

my $scriptsoap = SOAP::Lite
-> proxy($scriptURI)
-> uri($scriptURI)
my $result = $scriptsoap->addNewUser($session, $user, $fname, $lname,
$email, $type, $password);

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104