[Building Sakai] Announcements owner

Yzelle, Sonette SYzelle at unisa.ac.za
Wed Aug 25 01:55:00 PDT 2010

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Morning,

Can someone please help.
We are using Sakai 2.6.2 and Oracle db.
We have a problem where a user who added an announcement (table: announcement_message , column: owner) does not exist on our Ad Directory provider anymore.  Now when someone tries to open the announcements for that site the announcements tool gives an error, AD Directory gives a nullpointer exception.  I have tried to update the owner column to a valid user but announcements are still picking up the incorrect user_id.
Can someone please advise with the following:

*         how I can fix the userid in the announcements?

*         Where is announcements getting the old user_id?

*         Where is the announcement begin and end date stored?

*         Is there any other tables that announcements use beside the announcement_channel and announcement_message tables?

We are going to change our provider to not return a null when the user does not exist but for now I need a urgent fix so that the lecturers can add announcements.

SOnette

Sonette Yzelle
Analyst Developer
ICT