[Building Sakai] Email issue

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Aug 20 01:29:05 PDT 2010

Hi everybody.

I have finished a fresh installation of a 2.7.0 Sakai and after this, I
can't send no mail from Messages, neither from Mail Archive tools.

The sakai.properties file is filled like this:

smtp.enabled=true
smtp at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=localhost
smtp.port=8025
(also DNS and accounts properties)

I have a Postfix running in the machine on port 25 and I can send mail
from it without problem, with the same user that is configured in Sakai.

I have Sakai configured to use this Postfix, listening in the port 8025.
Doing a telnet to "localhost 8025" and sending a mail with James works too.

However, sending an email in the Messages tool doesn't work. The message
is stored in the received folder, but the email copy isn't sent. There
isn't any log message in catalina.out, neither in
<tomcat>/sakai/logs/james-<date>.log

Sending an email to Mailarchive writes these lines in the james log file:

20/08/10 10:13:13 INFO  smtpserver: Connection from
csie-server.unavarra.es (130.206.160.30)
20/08/10 10:13:14 INFO  smtpserver: Successfully spooled mail
Mail1282291994055-0 from daniel.merino at unavarra.es on 130.206.160.30 for
[cursoprueba at csie-server.unavarra.es]

But no mail is sent neither.

I'm really stuck with this. Any idea?
Thanks in advance.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.