[Building Sakai] getting the CalendarService

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Wed Aug 18 16:54:01 PDT 2010

Hi All -

I am working on SAK-12905, and I'm trying to access the CalendarService in order to create a calendar event.

For the initial proof-of-concept stages, I'm trying to get the CalendarService via the ComponentManger as detailed in this Confluence doc:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Using+the+Sakai+ComponentManager+to+access+Sakai+Services

But I keep getting this error message:

2010-08-18 16:43:01,935  WARN http-8080-Processor23 org.sakaiproject.component.impl.SpringCompMgr - get(org.sakaiproject.calendar.api.CalendarService):
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanNotOfRequiredTypeException: Bean named 'org.sakaiproject.calendar.api.CalendarService' must be of type [org.sakaiproject.calendar.api.CalendarService], but was actually of type [org.sakaiproject.calendar.impl.DbCalendarService]

Hints?

Here's the code snippet:

      CalendarEdit calendar = null;
      CalendarService calendarService = (CalendarService) ComponentManager.get(CalendarService.class);
      try {
          siteid = assessmentService.getAssessmentSiteId(assessmentSettings.getAssessmentId().toString());
          String calId = "/calendar/calendar/"+ siteid +"/main";
          calendar = calendarService.editCalendar(calId);
      }  catch (Exception e) {
          log.warn(this + ":sendToCalendar " + e.getMessage());
      }

Thanks!

- Nicola