[Building Sakai] assignments 2 question

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 03:04:39 PDT 2010

>From https://oncoursehelp.iu.edu/helptool/doc/axxo - this is the help page for the new Assignments 2 tool.

"The quota for a course site or project site is 1GB, and the limit for individual file uploads is 200MB unless you use WebDAV. To request a larger quota for your site, see What are the default disk quotas for UITS accounts, and how do I request an increase?"

Question 1

I posed a question of the list the other day asking if submitted assignments (Ass 1 tool) counted towards the site quota - I was told they do not.

Is this the case with Ass 2? If it is then why is it necessary to mention the site quota?

Question 2

I see you have an upload ceiling of 200MB - do you really get assignments that are near to this limit? What sort of things are this size and what subjects generate such large uploads? We are intending to have a limit of 60MB.

Adam