[Building Sakai] How to restrict guest users from adding a contrib tool to their My Workspace?

Walters, Cynthia (cmw6s) cmw6s at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Aug 12 13:01:29 PDT 2010

Hello:

I wonder if anyone has guidance on this issue...
How can I restrict a contributed tool so that it does not appear in the list of available tools for guest users to add to their My Workspace?  (But official Sakai users do and should have the tool available to add to their My Workspace.)  We are running Sakai 2.6.2.

So as a guest user, from My Workspace, Workspace Setup, choose My Workspace and Edit, Edit Tools -- do not show the tool in the available tools list (currently the tool is listed and available; it is not included in the !user.guest template).

Is this possible to do, and if so, what needs to be done to implement the restriction for guest users?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Cynthia Walters
University of Virginia