[Building Sakai] turnitin2 and assignments

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Wed Aug 11 12:57:17 PDT 2010

Hi again,

According to my correspondence with Turnitin, the major change with the
Turnitin2 release in September is a "Common Viewer" for looking at
Originality Reports, GradeMarks, and PeerMarks.  The existing API calls
that give us URL's for popping open Originality Reports would be updated
on their side with any changes that are required to the URLs.

They also said the Turnitin 2 release doesn't include any new API
additions and that the existing signatures should all be the same.  Of
course, we should definitely test this on our side.  Actually, I started
resurrecting the testrunner [1] yesterday, with one of the major goals
being to have some integration tests for Turnitin integration that can
be run at any time from a started up Sakai instance, and maybe put on a
quartz job so they run once a day, since the servers are out of our control.

I'm also checking to see if they have a dev/preview testing server that
we can test on before the Turnitin2 release.

Cheers,
Steve

[1] https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/testrunner/
Sort of like the test harness, but there is a Sakai Tool/GUI so you can
schedule and run tests at any time over and over again.