[Building Sakai] Forum email settings

Holladay, Bryan Andrew bahollad at indiana.edu
Wed Aug 11 11:55:54 PDT 2010

 CC'ed the list b/c this can be relevant for other schools:

> Bryan -
>
> I was just going to post to the dev list about this, but saw your post.
> Thanks! We have a client who transitioned very recently to 2.7 from 2.6 and
> noticed that their synoptic tool was not populated immediately. I figured it
> was something like this with all the recent performance improvements.
>
> Is there any danger in running the Quartz job now, after they've been using
> 2.7 for a while, to just capture any synoptic views that haven't yet been
> populated into the db so everyone is up to date?
>
> Thanks,
> Nicola

There isn't any danger in running this job after M&F2.7 has been released.
It will update if the synoptic item exists, or insert if it doesn't.  The
only issue to keep in mind is the additional load it may add to the
production server.

For anyone who is doing this and would like to show a "seamless" (more like
a non-confusing) upgrade, I would recommend this kind of workflow:

1) Release M&F 2.7 with msgcntr.synoptic.myworkspace.disabledMessage=true
2) Run Quartz Job to pre-populate synoptic info
3) Turn msgcntr.synoptic.myworkspace.disabledMessage=false  (or just remove
the property)

Thanks,
Bryan