[Building Sakai] memory leaks

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Sat Aug 7 10:09:44 PDT 2010

2010-06-24_12:30:35-0400 Charles Hedrick <hedrick at rutgers.edu>:
> We currently have to restart Sakai every week or two because it keeps growing. There are obviously memory leaks.

I restart Sakai daily because of this.  It's been a persistent problem
as long as we've been using Sakai.  I use munin to capture the output of
tomcat's manager/status page, and the vm usage graph is a very
consistent sawtooth pattern which will crash the instance if I don't
restart.

I'm currently running on 32 bit linux, so my vm overhead is limited.
I'm in the process of migrating our instance to 64; but all I expect to
accomplish is to delay the inevitable.

This is not good.

I'm currently running 2.6.2.  What is the latest supported version of
both the java jdk and tomcat that is supported for my installation?

-Ron-