[Building Sakai] sakai messageservice in 2.8 ?

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Thu Aug 5 11:52:19 PDT 2010

In anyone interested in moving this into 2.8 ?

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Sakai+MessageService

Sakai would benefit from having some built in JMS capability.
Unicon's Sakora tool, the Oracle SAIP relies, on this already.  In
addition, I'm looking to move code into 2.8 that allows for dynamic
management of i18n bundle data, see
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18678.  Currently, our code
relies on the MessageService to help index the bundle data.  This
prevents dramatic performance degradation as the system first finds
and stores property file data in the database.  Without the
MessageService available SAK-18678 might be difficult to realize.  I
know I could do some fancy reflection type stuff to auto detect it and
use it if available, but I'm pretty worried the performance will be so
bad, that will prevent anyone from wanting to use the SAK-18678 work.

I know there's been talk about using JMS in other places, and maybe
getting this into 2.8 is a first step ?

--
John Bush
602-490-0470