[Building Sakai] JVM 1.6

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Aug 4 02:41:25 PDT 2010

At one point we were using the Edia version of the SCORM player (updated to run in 2-6-x) and it caused the 1.6 JVM to crash. We've since removed it from our build as we don't have a requirement for it any more.

We also had difficulty building the contrib Evaluation System in 1.6 at one point (failing unit tests) but in recent code versions that no longer seems to be an issue.

Regards
Stephen

>>> David Haines <dlhaines at umich.edu> 8/3/2010 8:48 PM >>>
We are planning to upgrade to JVM 1.6 in the near future.  We know this has been done successfully but, as Noah pointed out, it hasn't be done with our complete combination of Sakai contrib, and UMich specific code. Ignoring the GC settings, have people run into problems that were NOT addressed by adding these setting to JVM startup parameters?

-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true
-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false

Thanks - Dave

David Haines
CTools Developer
Digital Media Commons
University of Michigan
dlhaines at umich.edu

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###