[Building Sakai] JVM 1.6

David Haines dlhaines at umich.edu
Tue Aug 3 11:48:18 PDT 2010

We are planning to upgrade to JVM 1.6 in the near future.  We know this has been done successfully but, as Noah pointed out, it hasn't be done with our complete combination of Sakai contrib, and UMich specific code. Ignoring the GC settings, have people run into problems that were NOT addressed by adding these setting to JVM startup parameters?

-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true
-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false

Thanks - Dave

David Haines
CTools Developer
Digital Media Commons