[Building Sakai] EntityBroker. Spaces in custom action entity ids

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Mon Aug 2 13:29:37 PDT 2010

Adrian,

We wrote another entity provider to deal with existing Sakai id's that do not meet the EntityBroker's very narrow definition of valid id's.  Implementing the RequestInterceptor interface [1] allowed us to encode the incoming request with the actual entity id escaped to make it fit into the EntityBroker world.  IIRC, we also needed to deal with some issues after each request so the response would not end in an error condition.  This seems like an unnecessarily difficult process, but it allowed the Sakai EB to deal with actual Sakai entities.  I wonder if that approach might work for you?

Jim

[1] http://www.opendocs.net/javadoc/sakai/2.5.2/index.html?org/sakaiproject/entitybroker/entityprovider/capabilities/RequestInterceptor.html