[Building Sakai] Switching from HSQLDB to MySQL

Patrick Coleman patcoleman at me.com
Thu Apr 29 09:19:14 PDT 2010

I'm having the same problem. I can start up the HSQLDB database but when I
switch to
MySQL it doesn't work. I have the sakai.properties file Anthony Whyte
suggested in place but I get the following error. It repeats many times.

2010-04-29 12:11:58,815  WARN main org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService
- Sql.dbWrite(): error code: 1598 sql:  CREATE UNIQUE INDEX
SAKAI_LOCKS_INDEX ON SAKAI_LOCKS ( TABLE_NAME(64), RECORD_ID(128) ) binds:
java.sql.SQLException: Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction
level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT'
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:946)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2985)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1723)

and

2010-04-29 12:12:05,742  WARN main
org.sakaiproject.springframework.orm.hibernate.AddableSessionFactoryBean -
Unsuccessful schema statement: alter table ASN_AP_ITEM_T add index
FK514CEE15935EEE07 (ID), add constraint FK514CEE15935EEE07 foreign key (ID)
references ASN_SUP_ITEM_T (ID)