[Building Sakai] Session Timeout Problem

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 02:29:41 PDT 2010

On 28 April 2010 14:40,  <mizematr at notes.udayton.edu> wrote:

> We're currently looking at turning on the session timeout warning
> implemented here
>
> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-13987
>
> but have come across an odd error.  The warning pops up with five minutes
> left (we overrode the default for now) and works properly until the session
> expires.  If the time expires, however, the one minute left message will be
> displayed for one or two extra minutes, and then the timeout loops and tells
> the user they have five minutes left before their session expires.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Is anyone using the session timeout feature in production?

We don't use the session timeout in production here at Oxford. There
do seem to be a few little niggles around the edges of it. Could you
file any bugs you find in JIRA, and I'll try and have a look at fixing
them.

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/

Thanks.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services