[Building Sakai] A recent outage caused by Kerberos upgrade.

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 01:49:22 PDT 2010

On 28 April 2010 23:41, Lydia Li <lydial at stanford.edu> wrote:

> So they have suggested me to instead log in to our ldap and check the kerberosStatus
> for a user.
> This, however, would be an institution specific implementation.

We do something similar here at Oxford, we use LDAP for user details
(forename, surname, email, account exists, etc) and only use Kerberos
for authentication.

We have a Federated UserDriectoryProvider which checks bot providers
and have disabled auth in our LDAP provider.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services