[Building Sakai] A recent outage caused by Kerberos upgrade.

Lydia Li lydial at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 28 14:20:04 PDT 2010

Seth Theriault wrote:
> Lydia Li wrote:
>

>> I can modify the code to check for additional text strings, or
>>  possibly move the strings out to a properties file.
>>

> Depending on when you rprovider was developed, the knownUserMsg
> string might be overrideable in sakai.properties with:
>
> knownUserMsg at org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserDirectoryProvider=
>
> Seth

Well, one problem with overriding this in sakai.properties is that this
requires us to coordinate our changes with  IT's campus wide upgrade.
Both need to happen at the exact same time, which is hard to do.  I
guess we could change this single valued property to multi-valued
property that includes old and new messages.

thanks,
Lydia