[Building Sakai] Resource content type and version 1.5 PDFs

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Apr 26 11:33:31 PDT 2010

This would make more sense. Since Sakai trusts the browser mime first, if
this is incorrect then the type will be incorrect. There is this 3 year old
bug in firefox (ubuntu) which looks like it's still unfixed where pdf's are
sent with seemingly random mime types. Some reports say "*application/binary"
*some say "*text/html"* others say *"application/x-download"*. Doesn't seem
to be any specific fix other than to use a different browser.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/84880

Part of the Sakai fix I was going to work on was to put content type
detection first, which "should" be the most reliable, then trust the browser
(which as we see is isn't very accurate), then default to extension. However
I was wondering if it would be worth it to spend extra time to try to make
this ordering user definable.

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/84880>-Matthew