[Building Sakai] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-857

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 23 10:57:42 PDT 2010

Hi David,

Samigo has handled this in grading flow (Total Scores, Question Scores,
etc), but we handle this in different way. We change the "," to "." in
javaScript.

Regarding the fix in Gradebook, I am not quite understand the expected
behavior... Let me explain what I think the fix should be:

If the user language preference is English, it's ok when the user enters
"2.3" but he will get an error if he enters "2,3".
If the preference is Spanish, it's ok when he enters "2,3" but he will get
an error if he enters "2.3"?

Am I correct? In the current Samigo grading flow, we take either "2.3" or
"2,3" no matter the preference language. Which behavior will benefit users
more? I am open to make the change in either way. Please let me know what
you think.

Thanks,
Karen