[Building Sakai] Site Stats / Realm script ?

Jon Wheat jwheat at messiah.edu
Tue Apr 20 12:52:29 PDT 2010

I had added the SiteStats package when we had Sakai at 2.5.x

We upgraded to 2.6 in December, and apparently no one used stats, because it was just brought to our attention now that it wasn't there.

I downloaded, overwrote what was there, figuring it was for 2.5, deployed it, and it works great in a site as admin.
If I'm an Instructor, the link does not display on the left.  I can, as Instructor, go to Edit Tools and see its checked, go to Page Order and move it around, but it doesn't display on the nav.

So I went into the actual realm for the site itself and had to add the sitestats.view to the instructor - and it worked.

So ... is there a soap call / script I can spin through to do this ?  or a quick SQL to run ?
I did notice this in the instructions "Repeat for the realms of existing sites or use a script for the effect"

-Jon